Google

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Monza is memorable for Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton heads to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza ready to make up for his blown tyre disappointment in Turkey and has plenty of good memories of the high-speed circuit where he clinched the GP2 championship last year.
"I had my first race there last year in GP2 and it was a very memorable weekend because it was where I won the Championship," Hamilton said. "I also had an awesome battle with Giorgio Pantano for the whole of the Sunday race, which was one of the most enjoyable for me all year. Hopefully this year I will have just as good a race and great memories for the future.""I remember it is not an easy track to get a good set-up at, so the test last week was very useful," he added. "It is really tough on the cars, and you have to use the kerbs a lot to get quick lap times. Because of this we have a softer suspension package to make the car ride over them better so we can use them more and in a bid to avoid any damage. Slowing the cars down with the incredibly low downforce is not easy, and the balance under braking is key. This was another area we worked on in the test."

No comments: