Google

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kimi 'not giving up the fight'

Kimi Raikkonen's winning form came to a abrupt halt at the European Grand Prix after a hydraulics failure ended his hopes of sneaking a win from Felipe Massa. The Finn was running strong in third and putting some considerable pressure on Fernando Alonso until his car gave up on him, continuing his run of bad luck at the Nurburgring. The Ferrari driver remains upbeat about his title chances however.


Raikkonen: "I am very disappointed. I was in a good position, immediately right behind Felipe and Alonso and the car was very quick and I was convinced I could win. "But gradually, the hydraulic system began to malfunction, I began to lose time and then I was forced to stop. "This knock back does not mean I feel like giving up the fight, even if there is now one less race in which to compete. The gap to the head of the classification remains the same and anything can happen in the seven remaining races. We have a very competitive car but clearly we have to improve on the reliability front."

No comments: