Google

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Kubica on comeback

The BMW Sauber F1 Team had a trouble free Saturday at the French Grand Prix and were rewarded by Robert Kubica qualifying fourth and Nick Heidfeld seventh. This was Robert's best qualifying result in Formula One.


"It was good, a positive weekend and I am happy the car is working well," said Kubica. "I was happy about the balance of the car yesterday, and again today as we have improved it and this morning's lap times were very consistent. I think a better result than this wasn't possible, but I feel we are in good shape for the race, although I think Renault here are closer to us than we are to Ferrari. Overtaking here is very difficult and that was why it was very important to qualify in front. I think we have to make a good start and keep up our speed for the whole race." Nick Heidfeld commented, "The qualifying was okay, but not particularly good so I am not completely satisfied with my grid position. On my last outing in the first chicane the rear was very nervous and the car was oversteering. Nevertheless, the balance of the car today was better than on Friday. My lap times from this morning didn't reflect the true performance because I had too much traffic. My back didn't cause me any trouble at all. It was a painful muscle cramp and this was treated successfully last night. Obviously Ferrari is stronger than us and Renault has caught up. For tomorrow the weather forecast predicts rain and I would welcome a wet race. We haven't had one for quite a while and I like driving in the rain a lot. It could mix up the field and provide good entertainment for the spectators." Team boss Mario Theissen added, "On his return Robert had a great qualifying. Fourth on the grid gives him a very good starting point for the race. Nick also made it to the final qualifying session, but his final fast lap wasn't perfect. Even more important than his grid position is the fact Nick didn't have any back pain. Seventh means he is starting from the clean side of the grid, so this is also a good starting point for him. We didn't have any technical problems during the entire qualifying."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.