Google

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Brazilian drops to 21 points


Felipe Massa suffered a dismal Hungarian Grand Prix and was only able to better his starting position of 14th by one place. Massa rued having to overtake slower cars on a difficult track such as the Hungaroring, getting sucked into costly scraps with the likes of Takuma Sato's Super Aguri.

The Brazilian now drops to 21 points behind championship leader Lewis Hamilton, who lapped him during the race, but remains confident of turning things around in Turkey in three weeks time."It was a horrible race," Massa said. "There are no other words to describe it. At the start, I managed to pass some cars but at the exit to Turn 1, I lost position again. Then, at the next corner, I tried to pass Wurz but I ran wide and Sato also got past me. "At that point, any hopes I had just evaporated. I had a very heavy car and lost downforce every time I tried to close on other cars. "It's been a weekend to forget but I have not lost confidence. We know we have a good car and we must return to winning as soon as possible, starting in Turkey. We must not give up."

No comments: