Google

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Massa start from 14th

Felipe Massa suffered a comedy of errors in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix and will have to start down in 14th position. Massa failed dismally to get through Q2 after the Ferrari crew forgot to put fuel in his car. The Brazilian realised before exiting the pits and stopped to be pushed back and refuelled. Eventually Massa rejoined the track but claimed cold tyres were the reason for not making the top ten.


"What happened in Q2 is very frustrating," Massa said. "I made a mistake at the final corner on my first run, but then, when I came back to the pits, there was a misunderstanding over refuelling and they let me go without fuel. That's why I stopped and had to be pushed back to our area by the mechanics. "I went back out again, but the tyres were very cold and I was not able to do a time good enough to stay in the top ten. Tomorrow, I expect a very difficult race, as this is one of the worst places to start from a long way back. Massa is particularly ruing his qualifying considering that the Hungaroring is a very difficult track to pass, making grid position vitally important.He added: "I will try and do my best and to get the car home as high up the order as possible. From what we have seen today, I don't think I could have been on the front row, but third place would have been a realistic target. Now we have to look at ways of using strategy to improve our situation. It's a shame starting this far back given that the car has a very good race pace."

No comments: