Google

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kimi looks on the bright side


Kimi Raikkonen was back on track at Monza for the first of the three days' testing on Tuesdasy. In between the action, the Finn found time to reflect on the Turkish Grand Prix.


"I went to Turkey hoping that I could reduce the gap to the leader and that is what happened," Raikkonen said. "Honestly, I thought reducing the gap by four points would have been possible if everything had gone perfectly well. But that wasn't the case, in one way or the other the gap came down by four points. That was the best thing at the weekend. After every race I get asked how the championships will proceed and my answer is always the same: we have to wait until the last race in Brazil to be able to say for sure, because anything can happen.""The most important thing was that the team gained as many points as possible, so there was no point in taking unnecessary risks," he added. "Anyway, we have reduced the gap: that is what we wanted, but just like in Budapest my race was quite boring. Thinking about what could have been done in a different way doesn't change anything. I made a mistake in my last attempt in Q3 and I paid the consequences. I hope that next time we will have a perfect weekend."

No comments: