Google

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Tricky qualifying for Renault

Renault F1 struggled in today's qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix and its drivers Giancarlo Fisichella and Heikki Kovalainen will have to start from eighth and 12th in tomorrow's race. Whilst Fisichella was lucky to make it into Q3, his Finnish team-mate was left scratching his head why his preferred tyre compound did not bring him the feeling in the car he expected.


Giancarlo Fisichella said: "I was caught up in traffic and that made things really difficult. I lost a lot of time and I just managed to squeeze though into Q 2. Things then improved and I had a good lap setting a competitive time to make it into Q 3. The car handled well throughout the session and I think we've got every reason to be optimistic for tomorrow's race. It won't be easy so we're going to have to have an aggressive strategy."

Heikki Kovalainen commented: "It was a very disappointing qualifying session. I still don't really understand what happened. Everything went fine in Q 1 and then we put on the super soft compound for Q2 before going back to hard tyres on which I'd felt more comfortable at the start of the session. It seemed a logical decision. But unfortunately, I couldn't find the same feeling: the car wasn't the same and now we have to work to find out why so we can defend our chances tomorrow."

No comments: